- Since 2017: Researcher in project “Digital Integration” at the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society – Berlin, Germany.
- Since 2016: Research Associate and Ph.D. Candidate in Information Systems, University of Potsdam – Germany, Chair of Business Informatics, especially Social Media and Data Science.
- 2014-2016: Research Associate in EU Project: Open Educational Ideas and Innovations (OEI2), ESCP Europe Business School in Berlin – Germany.
- 2012: M.Sc. in Information Systems, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin – Germany.
- 2010-2012: Research Lab Manager, ESMT – European School of Management and Technology – Berlin, Germany.
- 2005: B.Sc. Management Information Systems, Arab American University in Jenin – Palestine.
To my personality: passion is my power; full of motivational spirit; support Women in Information Systems; encourage empowerment of minorities all over the world.
- Digital Integration: The Use of Technology/ICT by Refugees and Migrants
- Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)
- Social Inclusion through ICT
- Social Media Use
- Social Media Marketing/Social Media Campaigns
- E-Learning and Open Education
- Cultural Differences in the Digital Age
- Grounded Theory and Qualitative Research Methods
- Representative at the Professorship Selection Committee at the University of Potsdam
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- AIS SIG: Social Inclusion (SIGSI)
- AIS College: AIS Women’s Network
- AIS College: College of Academic Leadership
- AIS Chapters: Germany
- AIS Chapters: Middle East and North Africa
Services for the Research Community
- Track Chair at the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2020) in Marrakech, Morocco
– Title: Digital Inclusion in Education, Work, and Society
– Co-Chairs: Antonio Diaz Andrade and Wafa Elgarah
- Technical Program Committee at the Ninth International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics (SOTICS 2019) in Valencia, Spain
- Program Committee Member at the Third International Conference: Towards Advanced Scientific Knowledge (TASK3-2019) in Business Sciences in Dubai, UAE
- Technical Program Committee at the Fourth International Conference on Advances in Computation, Communications and Services (ACCSE 2019) in Nice, France
Peer-review for conferences and journals:
- International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik
- Multikonferenz Wirtschaftsinformatik
- International Conference: Towards Advanced Scientific Knowledge
- International Conference on Advances in Computation, Communications and Services
- International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics
- Journal: International Migration
- The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries
- International Journal of Information Systems and Project Management
Volunteer Work: Place4Refugees e.V.
Since August 2015, I am voluntarily the elected chairwoman of the non-profit organization “Place4Refugees e.V.”, which I founded in Berlin, Germany. In this organization, we aim to helping refugees in different aspects of life, including among others; help with accommodation search and finding, job search and advice, consultation on educational opportunities, support in the integration process in Germany. We at Place4Refugees e.V. take part in several integration projects and support many other initiatives in helping refugees in Germany.
For more information about our projects, please visit our website: http://place4refugees.org and visit our highly-active Facebook group: Place4Refugees in Berlin https://www.facebook.com/groups/hostelsuche/