- Since 2018: CEO and Co-Founder at the Startup “ui-first” – Berlin, Germany.
- Since 2016: Teaching and Research Associate in Information Systems, at the Chair of Business Informatics, especially Social Media and Data Science, University of Potsdam – Germany.
- 2020: Visiting Lecturer at the XU Exponential University of Applied Sciences – Potsdam, Germany.
- 2017-2020: Researcher on the project “Digital Integration” at the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society – Berlin, Germany.
- 2014-2016: Research Associate at the EU Project: Open Educational Ideas and Innovations (OEI2), ESCP Europe Business School in Berlin – Germany.
- 2012: M.Sc. in Information Systems, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin – Germany.
- 2010-2012: Research Lab Manager, ESMT – European School of Management and Technology – Berlin, Germany.
- 2005: B.Sc. Management Information Systems, Arab American University in Jenin – Palestine.
To my personality: passion is my power; full of motivational spirit; support Women in Information Systems; encourage empowerment of minorities all over the world.
- Working from Home and the Future of Work
- Digitalization and Digital Work
- Digital Learning/Education and Homeschooling during COVID-19
- Digital Integration: The Use of Technology/ICT by Refugees and Migrants
- Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)
- Social Inclusion/exclusion through ICT
- Social Media Use and Research
- Social Media Marketing/Social Media Campaigns
- E-Learning and Open Education
- Cultural Differences in the Digital Age
- Grounded Theory and Qualitative Research Methods
- Winner of the AIS Doctoral Student Service Award, 2019
- Nominated for the AIS Early Career Award, 2019
- Featured in the Business Informatics Info Magazine (WI | Info)
- Featured in Potsdam University Magazine “Portal” for my work on “Integration 4.0” and the social inclusion of refugees in Germany
- Selected Jury-Member of the Selection Committee for the Anawati Innovation Award 2017 at the Georges Anawati Foundation
University of Potsdam – Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- Representative Member at the Faculty Council
- Representative Member at the PhD Examination Committee
- Deputy Member at the Student Commission
- Member of the Professorship Selection Committee for Business Informatics
Information Systems Community
- The German Academic Association of Business Research (VHB)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- AIS Chapter: Germany
- AIS Chapter: Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
- AIS College: AIS Women’s Network
- AIS College: College of Academic Leadership
- AIS College: Doctoral Student College
- AIS SIG: Changing Nature of Work (SIG CNoW)
- AIS SIG: Grounded Theory Methodology (SIG GTM)
- AIS SIG: Social Inclusion (SIG SI)
- AIS SIG: Education (SIG ED)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Services for the Research Community
- Executive Board Member
- Executive Board Member and Communication Chair of the AIS Women’s Network College (AIS WN) (2021-2023)
- Executive Board Member and Secretary of the AIS Special Interest Group of Social Inclusion (SIG SI) (2021-2023)
- Executive Board Member and Ph.D. Representative of the AIS Women’s Network College (AIS WN) (2019-2021)
- Member of the NSF ADVANCE Grant: Increasing the Participation and AdvanCemenT of Women in Information Technology (ImPACT IT) – Best Practices Group (2020-2022)
- Conference Co-Chair
- At the MENA Conference of Information Systems (MENACIS 2021) in Morocco
- Track Chair
- At the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2022) in Timișoara, Romania. Title: Digitization of Education, Private Industries, and Society
- At the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2021) in Marrakech, Morocco. Title: Digitization of Education, Private Industries, and Society
- At the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2020) in Marrakech, Morocco. Title: Digital Inclusion in Education, Work, and Society
- Mini-Track Chair
- At the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2022) in Hawaii, USA. Title: Technological, Educational, and Organizational Impacts of Pandemics
- At the American Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2021) in Montréal, Canada. Title: Towards an Inclusive Education
- At the American Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2021) in Montréal, Canada. Title: Digital Learning Practices, Especially During COVID-19
- Workshop Organizer
- At the Computer-Human Interaction Conference (CHI 2021) in Yokohama, Japan. Title: Migration and Mobility: Rethinking Boundaries, Methods, and Impact
- Publicity Chair
- At the 15th International Business Informatics Congress (WI 2020) in Potsdam, Germany
- Local Organizer
- At the EduCamp-2015 conference on innovative topics on education, technology-enhanced learning, MOOCs, and open educational resources (EduCamp 2015) in Berlin, Germany
- Associate Editor
- At the International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI 2022) in Nürnberg, Germany
- At the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2020) in Dubai, UAE
- Program Committee Member
- At the International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries (IFIP 94 2021) in Lima, Peru
- At the International Conference on Advances in Computation, Communications and Services (ACCSE 2020) in Lisbon, Portugal
- At the International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics (SOTICS 2019) in Valencia, Spain
- At the International Conference: Towards Advanced Scientific Knowledge (TASK3-2019) in Business Sciences in Dubai, UAE
- At the International Conference on Advances in Computation, Communications and Services (ACCSE 2019) in Nice, France
- Journals: ISJ, IT&P, CAIS, BISE, Journal of Information Systems Education, International Migration Journal, Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, International Journal of Information Systems and Project Management, Global Perspectives, American Behavioral Scientist Journal, Refuge: Canada’s Journal on Refugees
- Conferences: ICIS, ECIS, PACIS, AMCIS, HICSS, IFIP, WI, MKWI, ACCSE, SOTICS, TASK3, MENACIS, ACM CHI
Volunteer Work: Place4Refugees e.V.
Since August 2015, I am voluntarily the elected chairwoman of the non-profit organization “Place4Refugees e.V.”, which I founded in Berlin, Germany. In this organization, we aim to helping refugees in different aspects of life, including among others; help with accommodation search and finding, job search and advice, consultation on educational opportunities, support in the integration process in Germany. We at Place4Refugees e.V. take part in several integration projects and support many other initiatives in helping refugees in Germany.
For more information about our projects, please visit our website: http://place4refugees.org and visit our highly-active Facebook group: Place4Refugees in Berlin https://www.facebook.com/groups/hostelsuche/
Current Industry Work: ui-first Startup
CEO and Co-Founder of the fresh founded startup in Berlin “ui-first”
- Specialized in user-interface development
- Aiming at enabling European startups and entrepreneurs to develop user-friendly applications at [high quality – low costs]
- Managing a team of young talents, mainly located in developing countries
- Initiating strategic partnership with young and developed industry partners
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ui-first/