Working from Home During COVID-19
In this research, we would like to investigate the home-office conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic and what are the challenges and opportunities workers from home face or receive while working from home during the lockdown period. For instance, we would like to find out whether the job-requirements for home-office workers do change during the crisis period, or whether the household responsibilities for parents are taken into consideration by the employers and organizations. Moreover, we are interested to investigate the technology readiness to serve the employees to manage their work from home. For instance, whether the tools and platforms to conduct meetings and foster collaborations are available, usable, and acceptable for the home-office workers. The goal of this research is to create recommendations and find best practices on how we can prepare for the next generation of workers from home and working from home era.
This project has been initiated with four international collaborators:
- Safa’a AbuJarour, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Haya Ajjan, Elon University, USA
- Jane Fedorowicz, Bentley University, USA
- Dawn Owens, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Follow our project on Research Gate:
Results of this ongoing research are published in the following research publications:
- Ajjan, H., AbuJarour, S., Fedorowicz, J., and Owens, D. “Work From Home Attitude and its Influence on Job Productivity During COVID19.” Information Technology & People. (Revise and submit).
- AbuJarour, S., Ajjan, H., Fedorowicz, J., and Owens, D. (2021). “How Working From Home During COVID-19 Affects Academic Productivity.” Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS). Volume 48, pp. 55-64. https://doi.org/10.17705/1CAIS.04808.
- Ajjan, H., AbuJarour, S., Fedorowicz, J., and Owens, D. (2020). “Working from Home During the COVID-19 Crisis: A Closer Look at Gender Differences.” International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2020) at the AISWN International Research Workshop on Women, IS and Grand Challenges, India.